Energy Efficiency Engineer
Kafou Energy Company is seeking an Energy Efficiency engineer to play a key role in the growth of the Energy Management Services of the company. The primary goal of the position is to handle the implementation of energy audits and energy performance contracts as per ASHRAE standards. The candidate is strongly preferred to have knowledge and background in HVAC system design and installation.
In addition, the candidate should be aware of developing and implementing energy performance contracts for buildings and industrial sectors. As a part of DFS and ESPC, the candidate should be able to perform energy audits and measurement and verification activities.
The selected candidate should be able to conduct the needed onsite surveys, and onsite measurements, prepare M&V plans as well as generate the required M&V analysis and reports for, but not limited to, the Lighting system, HVAC system, compressors, and pumps.
- Professional implementation of ASHRAE Level I, II & III
- Developing the required plans for generating Technical and commercial proposals for DFS and ESPC projects.
- Managing and leading projects in energy efficiency projects.
- Strong capability to perform the required design and BoQ for HVAC system; DX, central, air-cooled, piping, air-side components…etc.
- Strong capability to read out HVAC layouts and drawings, HVAC parameters and specifications, and selection between products as well as calculations of thermal loads and energy requirements.
- Performing data collection, processing, and analysis needed for energy audits.
- On-site system performance measurements (E.g., Power Quality, BTU meter, Flow Rates, Indoor Air Quality, Lux,) and utilize them for data analysis to construct accurate baselines.
- Inspect or evaluate building envelopes, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
- Coordinating with the companies and partners who provide energy-saving solutions and implement Energy Saving measures (ECMs).
- Inspect newly installed energy-efficient equipment to ensure that it was installed properly and is performing according to specifications.
- Providing solutions to enhance energy efficiency in existing/new buildings.
- Develop & implement Measurement & Verification plans as per the international guidelines (IPMVP).
- Any other task assigned by the Management.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- BSc degree in Mechanical, or mechatronics.
- 4-6 years’ experience in Energy efficiency projects.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is a must.
- Strong capability in HVAC design and installation.
- Experience in working with Tarshid projects.
- Strong technical background.
- Fair knowledge of Safety and Risk assessment.
- Good Knowledge of MS office (Project, Word & PPT, Excel) is required to carry out the job Good interpersonal skills.
- Good English writing skills (proposal making, correspondence) to make comprehensive offers also verbal communication skills.
- Good Technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good Knowledge of energy simulation and lighting simulation programs.
- Good Knowledge of Building Management Systems.
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP).
Salary and compensation:
- Excellent salary and accommodation.
- Family health insurance.
- Flexible working time and healthy environments.
- Ability for personal growth in experience and knowledge.
- Annual bounce based on performance (written).
- On-demand training courses.