BMS Project Engineer
Kafou Energy Company is seeking a BMS Project Engineer (Energy Efficiency/ Management Background) to play a key role in the growth of the Energy Management Services of the company. The primary goal of the position is to work closely with the Energy Efficiency Engineering staff to conduct ASHRAE lvl 1 and 2 for commercial, residential, and industrial facilities. The duties include a follow-up on the delivery, installation, and commissioning of the BMS system for the purposes of maximizing the energy efficiency of main energy consumers.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure that Building Management System is optimized for maximum Energy Efficiency and work closely with the energy efficiency engineering staff to ensure that Annual Energy Target is achieved and bettered in addition to producing monthly energy reports and producing data as required to ensure the quarterly and annual energy reports are produced and issued.
- Designs, plans, and handles testing, commissioning, software programming, integration, and supervision on site for Integrated Control System based on the project plan, specifications, and contract documents.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, and contracts to determine project requirements.
- Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions, and technical literature as required.
- Maintains current design documents throughout the project duration.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate reports and minimizes report variances.
- Be aware of all kinds of risks and their controls in your work environment.
- Thorough commissioning knowledge of Honeywell and Siemens BMS
- Thorough HVAC Experience and Sequence of presentation for BMS.
- Thorough experience in technical submittal preparation, method of statement, compliance statement, and maintenance manuals
- Thorough Experience in IO point summary, and materials selection with value engineering.
- Operates and maintains Building Management System (BMS) for proper function and monitors against approved benchmarks, including HVAC, Lighting, Power Generation, and Electrical Systems.
- Carry out routine checks for the correct operation of all control equipment as illustrated by the O&M plans.
- Ensure proper maintenance of materials and advise on technology and modifications required to improve efficiency and energy cost savings.
- Troubleshoots BMS system faults and develops repair solutions.
- Adjusts BMS settings and parameters to meet changing conditions, i.e., Load, Environmental, Customer needs, and additional control methods.
- Maintains documentation for all malfunctions, repairs, maintenance, or changes to systems and/or equipment.
- Good knowledge of Engineering services and products, i.e., HVAC systems, smart metering, industrial automation system, and lighting system
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair, and calibrate advanced electrical and mechanical installations, plant, and equipment.
- Maintain the site Building Management System and other similar computerized control systems.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- BSc degree in Mechatronics, Electrical, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in large systems for industrial and commercial applications.
- Knowledge of standard electrical wiring practices and installation, electronic components, and electrical schematic symbols.
- Knowledge of the Implementation of energy management projects.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS) third-party interface protocols, including BACnet, KnX, Modbus, and MBus.
- Knowledge of modern Energy Centre technologies/controls, including Boilers, Generators, Chilled water systems, and Direct Expansion systems.
- Knowledge of general Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) installation as well as a knowledge of Safety and Risk assessment.
- Fluency in English required.
- Good Knowledge of MS office (Project, Word & PPT, Excel) is required to carry out the job Good interpersonal skills.
- Good English writing skills (proposal making, correspondence) to make comprehensive offers also verbal communication skills.
- Good Technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good Knowledge of energy simulation and lighting simulation programs.
- Good Knowledge of Building Management systems.
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is a plus.
Salary and compensation:
- Excellent salary and accommodation.
- Family health insurance.
- Flight tickets.
- Flexible working time and healthy environments.
- Ability for personal growth in experience and knowledge.
- Annual bounce based on performance (written).
- On-demand training courses.